This is an match-moving animation I worked on for the PFhoe AE-Tuts Contest. My original idea was to do a family circus path line after a few lines of text. You can see a test of this on my 365 page. I was going to do this in Cinema 4D but the path looked like it was sliding awkwardly. I tried it in after effects and it looked off as well. So I scraped that idea and went with an all text approach.
I found a good quote that went from negative to positive and animated the last word in each part. This allowed me to keep my overall idea of going from dark and dreary to positive and happiness. I used some color correction techniques from the Color Correction Handbook I won from AENY to try to simulate going from a dark grey scale dreary world to a lit up bright happy world. I think I should have pushed the end color more but it didn’t quite feel right the way I was going. I also added a moon in, which is hidden/blurred most of the time, some depth of field and a glow sun at the end.
I’m not sure if this will get in or not since I did submit after the deadline of midnight. For some reason I though it would be tomorrow’s midnight, which of course would be 7th not 6th. So shame on me for not understanding the due date.
Lastly for the list of all the thing I need to fix. I won’t be submitting these but it will be good just to make it more final.
- overall text feels…odd…not sure what it is though
- Some of the text’s fade out seem a little quick I need to adjust for that
- I seem to have lost the depth on the Annoy letters, need to fix and re-render
- When the JOY text comes in there a blur on the whole thing, not just the joy
- The Joy doesn’t seem real joyous, need to add some more pop to it
- The Joy floats back and thought I knew how I did it but apparently not and I feel like it is out place even though I liked it at first
- end was click in the audio
- shadows… there are none in the scene but putting stuff in the scene need shadows to make it feel there. Not sure what to do about that.
Audio from http://www.incompetech.com